I am a PhD candidate focusing on Computational Linguistics (CL) at the GUCL Group, Georgetown University (Washington DC, USA), where I work in both Linguistics and Computer Science departments. I am also a Collaborator/researcher (Music Information Retrieval) at the Music Technology Group (MTG), Department of Information and Communication Technologies (DTIC), Universitat Pompeu Fabra(UPF) (Barcelona, Spain).
- Zhang, S, Caro, R, Serra, X. Understanding the expressive functions of jingju music rhythmic types through lyrics text mining .Proc. FLAIRS 30 (poster). [FLAIRS'30(AAAI Affiliates)] (accepted)
- Zhang, S. Data Mining and Motif Discovery of Mandarin Tone Syllable N-grams. Proc. FLAIRS 30 (poster). [FLAIRS'30(AAAI Affiliates)] (accepted)
- Zhang, S., Zeldes, A. GitDOX: A Linked Version Controlled Online XML Editor for Manuscript Transcription. Proc. FLAIRS 30. [FLAIRS'30(AAAI Affiliates)] (accepted)
- Zhang, S. Mining linguistic tone patterns with symbolic representation. Proc. SIGMORPHON Workshop [ACL'16].
- Zeldes,A, Zhang, S. When Schemas Change Rules Help : A Configurable Approach to Coreference beyond OntoNotes. Proc. CORBON workshop [NAACL'16].
- Zhang,S, Caro, R, Serra,X. Predicting pairwise pitch contour relations based on linguistic tone information in Beijing opera singing. Proc. ISMIR'15.
- Zhang, S, Caro, R, Serra,X,. Study of the similarity between linguistic tones and melodic pitch contours in Beijing Opera singing. Proc. ISMIR'14.
- Sergio Oramas, Luis Espinosa-Anke and I gave a tutorial on NLP and information extraction in MIR at International Society for Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR) 2016 conference in New York, NY (at Columbia University and NYU)
- Xavier Serra, Rafael Caro and I visited ~20 universities, companies and research centers in Beijing and Shanghai giving talks on CompMusic (music information technology) research, including Computer Science Institute at Peking University, School of Software at Tsinghua University, Institute for Media Computing at Fudan University, Tencent Shanghai, Dolby Labs Beijing, Douban.com, etc., May 2015.