Selected invited (Co-)talks and tutorials
2019 - Tufts University
- Guest lecture on NLP and Twitter sentiment analysis at Data Science for Urban Sustainability graduate course, Tufts University 03/12/19.
2018 - University of Washington
- I am giving a research talk at the Computational Linguistics (Treehouse) program at University of Washington in Seattle on 10/19/2018 on NLP and MIR.
- I am giving a research talk at the Linguistics Department Colloquium at University Washington in Seattle 10/19/2018.[poster]
2018 - Spotify
- I am giving a research talk on NLP and MIR at Spotify 9/4/2018.
2016 - NLP in MIR tutorial at ISMIR 16 NYC
- NLP in MIR tutorial at ISMIR 16: Sergio Oramas, Luis Espinosa-Anke and I gave a tutorial on NLP and information extraction in MIR at International Society for Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR) 2016 conference in New York, NY (at Columbia University and NYU)
2015 - CompMusic visits China
- Xavier Serra, Rafael Caro and I traveled to Shanghai and Beijing, China from the 13th to the 31st of May, 2015, where we visited several universities, research centres and companies giving talks about the research on music information retrieval and music technology (audio signal processing, NLP, semantic web, time-series data mining, etc.) at CompMusic Project, Music Technology Group, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Spain). Including:
- May 15: Tencent (internal presentation，腾讯公司上海)
- May 17: Fudan University, Institute for Media Computing (public presentation at 2pm，复旦大学)
- May 18: Shanghai Conservatory of Music, Department of Music Engineering(internal presentation) and Musicology Department (public presentation at 1pm) (poster 1, poster 2， 上海音乐学院)
- May 19: Ningbo University, College of Arts, Music Department (public presentation at 1:30pm， 宁波大学)
- May 21: Peking University, Digital Audio Research Lab, Institute of Computer Science (public presentation at 9:30am，北京大学计算机研究所)
- May 21, afternoon: Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, Institute of Linguistics, Phonetics Lab (presentation open to members of the lab and Phonetics Association of China，中国社会科学院语言所语音实验室)
- May 22: China Conservatory, Music Technology Department (public presentation at 10am，中国音乐学院)
- May 23: Peking University Chinese Music Institute (public presentation at 6:30pm) (poster，北京大学)
- May 25: Communication University of China, Communication Acoustics Laboratory (public presentation in the morning，中国传媒大学)
- May 25: Dolby Laboratories (internal presentation，杜比实验室北京)
- May 26: Central Conservatory, China's Electro-Acoustic Music Center (internal presentation，中央音乐学院)
- May 27: National Academy of Chinese Theatre Arts, Jingju Department (public presentation at 6pm) (poster，中国戏曲学院)
- May 28: Tsinghua University, School of Software (internal presentation，清华大学软件学院)
- May 28: Douban (internal presentation，豆瓣)
- Media coverage (In Chinese) 中文媒体报道：WenHui News, China News, China Musicology Network, China Conservatory News.
- Neural network/deep learning w/TensorFlow(Computational Discourse, 11/22/16, Georgetown University, Prof Amir Zeldes)
- Time-series analysis and SSANOVA using R (Speech Signal Processing, 11/17/16, Georgetown University, Prof Corey Miller)
- Speech processing with Praat Scripting Language (GLSA workshop, 2014)
Music talks / Workshops
2018 - Hamline University
- I am co-teaching a Chinese traditional music Master Class (with my father Zhang Yuming) at Hamline University, St Paul, MN (9/16/18, 9am)
- Music workshop at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Music workshop at the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
- Invited lecture/demo on Chinese music at the Indiana University of Penn.
- Invited lecture/demo on Chinese music at Duquesne University
- Invited lectures/demos at University of Pittsburgh
- Invited talks at the TPW-CC Chinese Orchestra in Singapore