I am currently looking to hire a Spring 2019 Natural Language Processing co-op/intern to work with me on the NLP team in Applied Research at Bose. This will be a great opportunity to gain industry research experiences while working fully embedded in the NLP team for 6 months. Please see the job description below.
(The official job description on Bose Careers website: click here )
Natural Language Processing Co-op/Intern Spring 2019
At Bose, we’ve spent more than 50 years finding new ways to bring pioneering audio products to millions of people in their homes, cars, planes, and just about anywhere else that there is a possibility to enjoy music. We believe that to succeed for the next 50 years we must drive innovation by researching product concepts in audio and beyond that deliver on our human-centered brand promise to help people be more, feel more, and do more.
The Contextual Language Processing team in Applied Research at Bose is looking for a passionate NLP co-op to work at the intersection of Artificial Intelligence and User Experience. The duration of this position is 6 months starting January 2019 (full-time 40 hours/week).
What you can expect:
- Work as part of a passionate and collaborative team of NLP engineers
- Make an impact on real-world Bose products
- Gain hands-on experience in software engineering, cloud computing, and applied NLP/ML
- Contribute to our vision of the future of AI- and Cloud-enabled Bose products
What you’ll do:
- Work on a focused NLP research project with a mentor in areas such as spoken dialogue systems and knowledge engineering
- Work on a variety of applied NLP problems such as natural language understanding, text classification, NER, summarization, etc.
- Implement cloud micro-services that serve data processing, feature extraction, and natural language understanding use cases
- Research, implement, and evaluate a variety of published approaches and algorithms for NLP problems
- Create innovative solutions to NLP problems by applying linguistically informed, statistical and machine learning based methods
What we’re looking for:
- Strong programming background with 2+ years of experience in Python and/or Java
- Creative and collaborative mindset
- Undergraduate or graduate computer science, computational linguistics or related majors with experiences building NLP technologies
- Strong background in Linear Algebra, Probability, and Statistics
- (Desired) Experience working with Spoken Dialogue Systems
- (Desired) Experience with Ontology Management and Knowledge-Based Reasoning
Bose Corporation is a privately held company specializing in audio and other consumer electronics products. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is the majority owner of Bose.
Bose is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Contact: Please send your resume directly to Shuo Zhang at firstname.lastname@example.org .