- Senior Machine Learning Engineer (NLP), Bose Corporation
- CED-Applied Research (2018-)
- Algorithms and Connected Experience Group (ACE), RCD (2017-18)
- Researcher/Collaborator, CompMusic Project, Music Technology Group, Department of Information and Communication Technologies (DTIC), Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain(2013-17)
- Areas of research: NLP, MIR, time-series data mining, text mining, computational musicology, etc.
- Funded by European Research Council, PI: Xavier Serra
- PhD Research Assistant, Department of Computer Science, Georgetown University (2016-17)
- PhD Research Assistant, Department of Linguistics, Georgetown University (2012-17)
- Areas of research: NLP, coreference resolution, search and visualization of linguistic corpora, speech processing, time-series data miming, speech prosody, etc.
- PhD Visiting Researcher, Speech Science Lab, CASS (2011)
- Instructor/Teaching Assistant, Department of Music, University of Pittsburgh (2008-10)
Research / Outreach
Open source Research/software projects 2012-17
- ANNIS web application for search and visualization of linguistic corpora, funded by German Research Foundation (DFG), etc.
- CompMusic Project computational models for the discovery of world music, funded by European Research Council
- XRENNER highly configurable coreference resolution and entity recognition
- GitDOX web application for collaborative annotation projects with version control, funded by US National Endowments for the Humanities (NEH), etc.
- Setswana Project, funded by National Science Foundation (US), PI: Lisa Zsiga
- 2016(SPR) Teaching Assistant, Natural Language Processing, with Amir Zeldes, Georgetown University.
- 2015(SPR) Teaching Assistant, Analyzing Linguistic Data with R (statistical computing with R), Amir Zeldes, Georgetown University.
Other certified/documented trainings
- Machine Learning (Coursera - Stanford)[view certificate (grade:100%)]
- Text Retrieval and Search Engines (Coursera - UIUC CS)[view certificate (grade: 95%)]
- Text Mining and Analytics (Coursera - UIUC CS)[view certificate (grade: 100%)]
- SELLC 2010 (Sino-European winter school of language,logic,and computation)
Professional services and memberships
- Program Committee member, The 6th Mid-Atlantic Student Colloquium on Speech, Language and Learning (2017)[program]
- Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL)
- International Society for Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR)
- Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Reviewer, Proceedings of GURT/ACAL 2013
- Programming languages: python, R, Java, praat script, matlab, HTML, CSS, php, mysql, spark, scala, Weka, C++, C ...
- Human languages: Mandarin (native), English (fluent), Spanish(communication), French(basic), Japanese(basic)...
- Musical instruments: piano/keyboards,violin,viola,huqin(Chinese fiddles),guitar,flute,dizi(Chinese flute),suling(Indonesian flute),rebab(Indonesian fiddle),...
In the Media (selected)
- CompMusic visits China research talks reported by WenHui News, China News, China Musicology Network, China Conservatory News. (Chinese)
- Interviews on computational jingju music research (Chinese): http://compmusic.upf.edu/node/353
- Music performance (youtube): www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-T9hsEczok
- Selected posters for invited talks: [Shanghai Music Conservatory 1] [Shanghai Music Conservatory 2] [Peking University]